A Municipal Council is a group formed by members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or area of the organization.
The Municipal Councils hold meetings, some are private and others are open. If they are open, you can participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by said body).
The Tourism Advisory Council is the consultative and informative body in those matters related to tourism at the municipal level. Its members can study, suggest, propose and evaluate actions and projects, as well as evaluate and know the actions through the reports and assessments made.
The objectives of the Sitges tourism advisory board are the following:
1. To promote the participation of the local agents in the study and debate of the projects, activities and problematic of the tourist sector in the town.
2. To ensure that all the actors involved in the tourism sector are integrated into the Council and that the public can make their concerns known in order to gather their different sensitivities.
3. Encourage and improve collaboration between different groups: entities, companies, associations and citizens.
4. To propose and approve the annual Action Plan of the Department of Tourism, aimed at increasing tourist demand and improving its quality, as well as that of all those business activities that interact with it.
5. Analyze the reality and study the problems of the tourist sector of the city, proposing the most appropriate measures to solve them.
6. Propose global strategies as a tourist destination in the fields of marketing, promotion and positioning in the national and international tourism market.
7. To act as a transversal body within the City Council to involve all the councils, to raise awareness of the importance of tourism and its horizontality, and to reinforce the brand image of Sitges.
Purpose of action
1. Sitges City Council wants to guarantee and improve the processes of citizen participation in public affairs. This commitment to the public contemplates the promotion of the appropriate instruments to make this participation effective.
2. To encourage this participation of citizens and the private sector in all those issues of interest in the field of tourism, it is necessary to create a tourism sector council, which must accommodate the plurality of concerns that currently exist. they shape the local tourist reality with the aim of encouraging dialogue between the different agents involved in the local tourist activity.
3. Tourism is the main economic activity of the town, therefore, the management of the tourist fact as well as the promotion of the town abroad are key and priority aspects for the City council.
4. It is necessary to set the management policies of the tourist activity as well as the actions of tourist promotion that project the town to the outside, taking care of the sustainability of the activities in his environingingmental, cultural and social appearances. These policies must be set taking into account the local tourist reality and taking into account the considerations, both of the sector involved in the tourist activity, and of the citizens themselves.
For all these reasons, the City Council wants to provide an advisory council, where the various opinions can be expressed and represented, with the aim of studying, evaluating, proposing actions and projects in the tourist area of the town. .
Regime of operation of the sessions of the Council.
All sessions will be chaired by the President assisted by the Secretary or his / her delegate.
The agenda will begin with the reading and approval of the minutes of the previous session.
After reading or explaining the proposal, the President will open the floor by promoting the debate. The interventions will be ordered by the President.
The general rule will be the adoption of agreements by consensus. Failure to do so will result in a vote. In the event of a vote, the resolutions shall be adopted by a simple majority of the members present. When a tie occurs, the vote will be repeated and if it occurs again, the Presidency will decide with its casting vote. Votes may be affirmative or negative or abstain from voting.
The members of the Board may delegate their vote to another member of the Board, notifying the Secretary of the Board in writing and in good time.
Specific work commissions.
For the study of specific subjects, specialized and permanent Working Commissions are created, specifically of:
1. Business tourism - Sitges Convention Bureau.
For the study of specific and specific issues related to the objectives of the Board, other specific working committees may be set up.
The creation of these commissions corresponds to the President of the Council and will be constituted at the proposal of the plenary.
It will include members of the Board and / or third parties who have competence in the objectives to be achieved by the Commission. The members of the committee will be elected by the Plenary.
The meetings of the commission will be chaired by the President or Councilor to whom he / she delegates and will be attended by the head of the Tourism Service.
The Tourism Advisory Council will have the following composition;
President: The mayor.
Vice-president: The councilor for Tourism, to whom the mayor may delegate the presidency.
a. One councilor from each political group represented on the City Council.
b. Councilor for Economic Promotion.
c. Councilor for Culture.
d. Beach Councilor.
e. Councilor for Mobility and Urban Space.
f. Councilor for Security.
g. Councilor for Traditions and Festivals.
h. Councilor for Citizen Participation.
i. Representative of the Hotel sector, holiday tourism manager.
j. Representative of the Hospitality sector, business tourism manager.
k. Representative of the sector of apartments for tourist use.
l. Representative of the camping sector.
m. Representatie of the restaurant sector.
n. Representative of the trade sector.
o. Representative of marinas.
p. Golf Club Representative.
q. Representative of the Garraf Natural Park.
r. Representative of the association operating the beach services.
s. Representative of the Sitges Heritage Consortium.
t. Representative of the companies of activities and / or tourist services, associated to the Sitges Convention Bureau.
u. Representative of the nightlife sector.
They will attend as technical advisers with voice but without vote:
v. The head of the Tourism Service.
w. The TAG of the Area that is assigned to the tourism service, Secretary or person to whom it is delegated.
x. Head of Communication.