A Municipal Council is a group formed by members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or area of the organization.
The Municipal Councils hold meetings, some are private and others are open. If they are open, you can participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by said body).
The Municipal Council of People is a collegiate body of community participation for advice, consultation, proposal and participation in the social field in the municipality in accordance with articles 54.2 of Law 12/2007, of 11 October, on social services and 24 on Decree 202/2009, of 22 December, on the participation and coordination bodies of the Catalan Social Services System; as well as article 35 of the Regulation of Citizen Participation and in accordance with article 62 of the legislative decree 2/2003, of 28 April, by which approves the text recast of the municipal law and of local regime of Catalonia .
This Council will replace the Municipal Social Council, as well as those of Accessibility and the Elderly, approved at the Municipal Plenary Session of May 19, 2005. The Study Commission for the elaboration of the bases of the Council is also dissolved. of Disability and Inclusion, with the aim that its purpose is included in the present Council of the People encompassing all the social fields, including those of the previous mentioned councils.
The Council of the People wants to be the main space for citizen participation around municipal policies in favor of welfare, inclusion and social cohesion. It aims to analyze and develop proposals and suggestions by raising them to the municipal government team to improve local welfare and quality of life policies.
The Consell de les Persones is the collegiate representative body with the aim of encouraging, promoting and developing the participation of entities and people interested in the management of municipal affairs within the social sphere of the Department of Welfare and Family.
Purpose of action
The objectives of this Council are:
1. Create a space for community participation for advice and consultation in the social field in the municipality.
2. Create a broad and stable space for reflection, deliberation and consensus on strategic issues for social welfare in the social sphere.
3. Encourage associationism and citizen interrelationships, and encourage the participation and representation of the associative fabric that works in the field of people.
4. Advise and provide elements for the validation of the programs of the public administrations in the city in the social field.
5. To promote complementarity and synergy between public administrations, private entities, of a social nature, which carry out their activity in the social field so that effective answers can be given to the needs and demands of citizens.
The Plenary will meet, on an ordinary basis, once a year, and extraordinarily, whenever convened by the Presidency or when required by at least a quarter of its members.
2. The call for each session, accompanied by the agenda and the documentation that the convener deems necessary, will be received at least 15 calendar days in advance except in cases of urgency.
The Plenary may also meet in an extraordinary and justified manner, either at the request of the Chair of the Board or at the request of one third of the members.
The operating bodies of the Municipal Council of People of Sitges are:
5. Working Groups