A Municipal Council is a group formed by members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or area of the organization.
The Municipal Councils hold meetings, some are private and others are open. If they are open, you can participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by said body).
The Municipal Council of Les Masies de Sitges aims to achieve several objectives, some of which will improve the quality of life of Les Masies and its surroundings, as well as others of a sensitizing nature for the rural population in general.
And in particular:
- Informative participation.
- Participation in the study and debate of various issues of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings.
- Participation in the management and municipal control of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings.
The Municipal Council of Les Masies de Sitges, is a body where the different entities and people involved in the world of Les Masies can propose, study or define specific actions to improve and promote collaboration and understanding between the entities of the town in general and of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings in particular, collecting the concerns of citizens, as well as to facilitate the debate and the elaboration of proposals so that they can become feasible projects; it will also be the space where the actions to be carried out and those already carried out will be evaluated. Likewise, the Municipal Council will not, in any case, replace or hinder the exercise of the powers that the laws attribute to the Municipal Decision-Making Bodies.
The purpose of the Municipal Council of Les Masies de Sitges is to channel the participation of citizens in the management of the place where they live, ensuring the quality of life of its inhabitants within the municipality of Sitges, acting as a channel for to the best citizen representation.
The Municipal Council of Les Masies de Sitges will move in the field of advice and collaboration with the municipal corporation in all matters that it consults, through the preparation of written reports that will raise the team of government when they agree to request it, and any other type of personal or collective contribution that is within the reach of the Territorial Municipal Council.
Purpose of action
The functions of the Board are:
- Information on the annual report of the activities carried out during the current year, which will contain the evaluation of the results.
- Information and study of the major issues of integral development of Les Masies de Sitges and its environment, such as urban, rural, environmental, social, cultural, etc., without this limiting relationship, if only enunciative.
- Report annually on the programming of general activities for the following year, as well as preliminary drafts of activity budgets, proposing new activities and analyzing those that are developed.
- Receive regular information on the general progress of the achievement of the principles and objectives, monitoring and coordinating the activities carried out.
- To know the specific problems of each sector or environment and to study and propose possible solutions in relation to the set of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings.
- Write global action projects that cover all the inhabitants of Les Masies de Sitges, as well as the managers of the territory and its environment.
- Inform, advise and consult the City Council on the state of maintenance of public space, infrastructure, facilities of Les Masies de Sitges and propose and suggest the improvement of the same as well as collaborate, where appropriate, in its conservation.
- Receive information from the City Council on the files for granting requested licenses that are processed in order to be able to make suggestions on urban aspects that affect the growth of Les Masies de Sitges and to collaborate in the supervision of compliance with urban and rural regulations applicable in the municipality.
- Collaborate in the functions of protection and maintenance of the forest space and of the spaces of special environmental protection.
- Present proposals or suggestions to the City Council in relation to the public services provided to the public and collaborate, where appropriate, in their provision.
- Collaborate with the City Council in supervising the management of the waste collection service.
- Collaborate in the organization of vehicle mobility in the area of Les Masies and its surroundings.
- To know the economic state of the investments made in Les Masies and its surroundings.
- Participate in the preparation of ordinary and extraordinary municipal budgets when they affect the area of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings and monitor its implementation and expenditure.
- To help and encourage the usual dialogue and collaboration between the municipal government and the associations of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings.
- To promote the open and rigorous debate on aspects that affect Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings leading to consensual positions.
- Propose and promote activities that stimulate the social fabric of Les Masies de Sitges and its surroundings.
- Make proposals that facilitate the process of achieving a fairer model of coexistence.
- To propose and approve the modifications of the regulations of the Municipal Council that will be proposed to the City Council for processing.
- Any other attribution that at the time is agreed to be delegated by the competent body of the City Council.
- Agree on the creation of the Working Committees
- To appoint the members of the Executive Committee of the Municipal Council indicated in article 6.4. section 2o
The Municipal Council is structured by the following governing bodies: President, Vice President and Plenary.
The mayor may, by decree, appoint or remove the councilor who is to hold the presidency.
The functions of the presidency are:
- Convene, chair, suspend and adjourn the sessions, moderate the debates and resolve the draws with a casting vote.
- Act as spokesperson for the Municipal Council.
- Set the agenda.
- Ensure the execution of the agreements that have been made.
- To authorize the attendance to the Plenary and to the commissions of work of people of recognized value or specific knowledge, when the treatment of a concrete subject makes it advisable. These people will have a voice but no vote.
- To send the reports and the proposals of the Municipal Council to the rest of the municipal organs.
- Decide on the creation, objectives and purposes of the Working Committees in accordance with the Plenary.
The Vice-President will be appointed by the Mayor and his / her duties will be to replace the President, with all his / her rights and duties.
His functions are:
- It will prepare and send the announcements of the sessions, by order of the President with a copy of the minutes of the previous session so that it proceeds to his approval.
- Attend the session with a voice but without a vote and take minutes of it.
- To certify agreements of the Council with the approval of the President.
-Receive notifications, data requests, rectifications or any other writing of which you must be aware.
- To keep up-to-date the archive of minutes, the register of member entities of the Municipal Council, the list of representatives, as well as their alternates and representative members of the different bodies.
- To guard the documentation of the Municipal Council.
- Ensure that documentation submissions arrive in a timely manner.
The only decision-making body will be the Plenary Council.
The Plenary will be made up of all its members, under the chairmanship of the Mayor or councilor to whom he / she delegates.
The functions of the Plenary are:
- To be consulted and to debate on the municipal action in the area of the policy of municipal solidarity.
- Approve the annual report prepared by the Secretary of the Board.
- Request information and documentation on any matter or intervention that affects the field of action of the Municipal Council.
- Submit reports and proposals to the town council on issues related to its powers
- Prepare all the plans, actions and reports that are demanded by the city council.
The Municipal Council will be composed by:
- President: The Mayor or Councilor to whom he / she delegates.
- Vice-president: The Territorial Councilor.
- Secretary: The Secretary General of the City Council or the official to whom he / she delegates.
• A Councilor from each municipal political group, appointed by the City Council.
• A representative of the Sitges Forest Defense Group.
• A representative of the Sitges Hunters Society.
• A representative of the Garraf Hunters Society.
• A representative of the public body that manages the protected area of Parc del Garraf.
• A representative owner and farmer, if applicable, of each of the following farmhouses:
Fondo d'En Selva. RC 000206200DF06E0001HL.
CAN LLUÇÀ. RC 000716400DF06H0001JM.
LA GINESTA (C-31) RC 001515400DF06H0001WM.
CA L'AMELL RC 08270A025000090000SZ.
CORRAL D'EN BARBETA (CAMÍ DE LA FITA). RC 002204700DF06G0001TF.
CAN FERRAN (CAMI DE LA FITA) RC 002204500DF06G0001PF.
CAN GIRONA RC 08270A005000030000SP.
CAN PERE PAU RC 08270A005000320000SY.
CAN PLANES RC 000116300DF06H0001QM.
CAN ROBERT (CAMPDASENS) RC 08270A026000260000SB.
CASES DEL MALLORQUI RC 002102400DF06G0001IF.
LA PLETA RC 08270A034000210000SR.
LA TRINITAT RC 08270A018000050000SJ.
L'ESTELLAR RC 08270A015000160000SZ.
MAS D'EN PUIG RC 002205900DF06G0001JF.
MAS MAIOL RC 08270A021000020000SD.
MAS PASQUALI RC 002209100CF96F0001DY.
MAS QUADRELL RC 001406800DF06G0001MF.
POBLAT DE CAMPDASENS RC 001208600DF06H0001YM.
CAN FONTANILLES (CAMPDASENS) RC001708500DF06H0001XM.
LES PRUELLES RC 000101700DF06E0001JL.
SINIA DEL REY RC 002414100CF96F0001AY.
CLOSED OF MAS D'EN PUIG RC 000204400DF06E0001ML.
CHALET OF THE NEW HOUSE (CA L'AMO) RC