A Municipal Council is a group formed by members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or area of the organization.
The Municipal Councils hold meetings, some are private and others are open. If they are open, you can participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by said body).
El Consell d'Infants de Sitges és l'òrgan on els nens poden exercir el seu dret a participar, a expressar les seves idees i pensaments i on poden proposar accions concretes per transformar el seu poble.
The constitution of the Sitges Children's Council aims to achieve several objectives, some that will improve and enrich the town and others of an educational nature.
The objectives are:
* Take into account the opinions of children, their needs and desires when doing new projects or looking for solutions.
* Adapt our town to boys and girls to make it more humane and more friendly.
* Make it possible for children to be active subjects in our society.
* Encourage the children of our city to feel the need to participate and learn democratic values.
* Develop different skills in boys and girls that help them in their progress (dialogue, listening, being autonomous, collaborating ...).
* Strengthen the links between schools and the city council by promoting closer collaboration between these institutions.
Purpose of action
Facilitate that children can exercise their right to participate, to express their ideas and thoughts and where they can propose concrete actions to transform their people.
The Children's Council will meet from October to June. Ordinary plenary sessions of this body will be monthly and will be held outside school hours. Extraordinary sessions may be held when agreed.
The Children's Council will be made up of students from the Sitges school census, a person who will lead the sessions and a secretary.
The representatives of the Children's Council will be students in the 5th and 6th grades of Primary Education democratically elected by their classmates.
There will be a representative for each 5th grade class. and one for each 6th grade class (In the case of Sitges schools). The town of Garraf and the neighborhood of Les Botigues) will each have a representative.
The position of representative will last for 2 years, starting at 5th. and finishing in 6th.