A Municipal Council is a group formed by members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or area of the organization.
The Municipal Councils hold meetings, some are private and others are open. If they are open, you can participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions made by said body).
The Sitges Adolescent Council is a body of democratic participation where the teenagers of Sitges can exercise their right to participate, to express their concerns and opinions, and also to propose specific actions aimed at the municipality.
The main objective of the Sitges Adolescent Council is to encourage the participation of young people and encourage associations as well as to stimulate communication between adolescents and those with the City Council.
As a specific objective, the Sitges Adolescent Council aims to make visible the voices of young people who are still minors, increasing the spaces for debate.
Purpose of action
The functions of the Sitges Adolescent Council are:
- Encourage a meeting space for teenagers in Sitges.
- To get the teenagers from the different institutes of the town to get to know each other, providing a space for debate and exchange of ideas.
- Encourage the participation of the group of adolescents in the day to day of the town being able to present activities and projects that involve so much to the adolescents as in the town and / or the City council of Sitges. As well as fostering a sense of belonging.
- Participate in the elaboration of proposals for public policies of the Department of Youth and the exchange of ideas between the City of Sitges and the adolescent group making their voice heard through the Council of Adolescents of Sitges.
- Carry out an annual report on the activities carried out during the current year and, in the event that there are expenses and / or financial budgets, these will be added to the report.
- To elect representatives to the National Council of Children and Adolescents of Catalonia (CNIAC), which is a collegiate body of a consultative and participatory nature, attached to the administrative body responsible for childhood and adolescence policies.
Each year, during the month of September, half of the Adolescent Council will be renewed, which will guarantee the continuity of the work and projects that are being developed. The renewal will follow the selection process described in Appendix 1.
The Adolescent Council will meet from October to June. The ordinary plenary sessions of this body will be held monthly, will be held outside school hours and will be held at the Espai Jove de Sitges whenever possible. Extraordinary sessions may be held when agreed.
The Adolescent Council is made up of students from the Sitges school census and registered in Sitges, a person who will lead the sessions and a secretary. Both the facilitator and the secretary will be appointed by the city council from among municipal employees and will liaise with the City Council.
The Councilors will be students of the high schools of Sitges from 1st to 4th of ESO (from 12 to 16 years old) and will have to be democratically elected by the students of each high school. The selection process shall follow the procedure set out in Annex 1.
In total, the Adolescent Council will have the following members:
2 representatives of 1st ESO per institute
2 representatives of 2nd ESO per institute
2 representatives of 3rd ESO per institute
2 representatives of 4th ESO per institute
The town of Garraf and the neighborhood of Les Botigues will have a representative of each school cycle (1st-2nd of ESO and 3rd-4th of ESO) each.
The facilitator of the Adolescent Council and secretary (appointed by the City Council)